Do you have a pay it forward gift that you share with others? I found one in photography as a volunteer for a commercial website that gives free access to their online database of cemetery records. It is wonderful to receive a thank you for my small part in this huge undertaking. In fact,yesterday this website used some information I had found on Captain Phil Harris of The Deadliest Catch who passed away in 2010. Part of his ashes are buried with his mother. She is buried in my area where I photograph and I just so happened to be the first to take a photo of her gravesite.
If any of you watched this show, you know Captain Phil Harris lived his life large. But in the end all we have left after we are gone are the memories and family and friends. I ponder the bigger questions when I think of death and as I read on some of my favorite blogs you all do too. Here is an example of that: http://pinklightsabre.com/2013/02/22/can-you-be-interesting-every-day/ .
Here are 5 questions worth thinking about. Let me know what you think:
1. Did your presence make the world a better place?
2. What will you be remembered for?
3. When you are gone will you be thought of as kind or difficult?
4. If you died today, did you tell your special someones how much they mean to you?
5. Have you made peace with God?