1. I know. I know. I look really happy in this photo taken last night over the skies of Waikiki. I am near one of the most beautiful army hotels you can imagine. I am staying there because the first fact you may not know is that I am an army veteran. My doctors have said my chronic pain would probably be better for me in warmer climate. It has helped.
2. I know. I know. We have a political firestorm playing out on television about who our next president may be. The second fact is I have not watched one bit of the news until about a week ago. I realized I had not missed a thing and almost wished Obama would stay president. Why do I say that? I guess because all the money that goes into picking a new president would be better served feeding our poor.
3. I know. I know. I am living it up in Hawaii. I want you to know I am grateful beyond words to be able to enjoy a holiday I have spent with wonderful girlfriends. The truth is I would be just as happy sleeping in this cabin I photographed. This is where I stayed 40 years ago with my sister and parents on an Army Recreational Center on the Wainae Coast 30 minutes from Schofield Barracks where Dad was stationed. Call me a tomboy if you will.
4. The fourth fact is I am sometimes Luke a tomboy. I suppose my sons keep me young at heart.
5. The fifth fact is I am a no frills kind of gal. I like the simple pleasures of life. Thats me all alone with my green tshirt over my bikini so I do not burn! This beach is faraway from the fast paced Waikiki beach. I took my girlfriend to this beach where I could stay all day long!
Aloha! Until next time.