This photo was taken a month after my brain tumor was extracted. My son wanted to cheer me up so he put a pillowcase over his head imitating me! What a guy!
Nitty Gritty Man has made my day! I was awarded my fourth blogger award for my comical side that you may read occasionally in my blog posts. Although I might add what you think is funny may really be sarcasm on my part. : ) What I can say about this award is that it feels like after several months of finding my groove in blogging, my readers are beginning to see something unusual in how I may get my point across. It is exciting to receive the Liebster Award as described in this post (http://nittygrittydirtman.wordpress.com/
). I have been asked to answer these questions of myself of which I will try to do with the utmost honesty! I hope soon to nominate a fresh group of bloggers for this award:
1. What is your favorite time of day and why? It is in the morning after the house is real quiet and the kids have went to school. It is also at night if I can not sleep and I am blogging some amazing story that you all get to read. It is like my creative juices are just flowing at midnight!
2. How and when did you first discover your passion, whatever that passion is? I knew I wanted to write all my life, but I guess life got in the way.
3. Hopefully, you’re familiar with The Breakfast Club for this question. When you were in high school, in which social group did you best fit? I was in the NERD group for sure. I was one of those snobby straight A students, but no one knew because I did not talk about my grades.
4. Where do you write your posts and why did you choose that place? I write my posts in our computer room. I have a laptop that does not move from its location! The laptop is just darn lazy and likes its spot in that room!
5. What always makes you laugh and why? If you know me and a lot of you do by now, it is my dog that gives me the biggest smile especially with his facial expressions. ( https://alesiablogs.wordpress.com/2012/11/15/napblopomo-rocks-for-linus/ ) . If you want to see who smoked the first legal joint in Washington State, I double dare you to click on this post!
6. If you could appear on a televised talent show, what would your talent be? A farting contest. Well- you asked. I do live with teenage sons and one needs to always be prepared.
7. Which flower reminds you of happiness? I love getting roses. They are so romantic. I do not get many of them. Oh you asked about happiness–that would be the TULIP! If you have ever been to a tulip field and saw its vastness there is no way you could not be happy!
8. What is your favorite book and why? I will say The Hare With Amber Eyes by Edmund De Wall ( http://www.amazon.com/Hare-Amber-Eyes-Hidden-Inheritance/dp/0312569378 ) . It is a true family memoir like no other. If you love history, art, international intrigue, war, love, and above all else intelligent writing, this is your book.
9. It’s important to eat your vegetables, but which vegetable do you always resist/avoid eating? I hate Lima Beans. Seriously why would you ask why I would avoid those slimy beans! Disgusting.
10. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? You do know I live in Seattle, right?
11. Who is the one celebrity, past or present, you would like to meet — and what would you ask that person? Johnny Depp ( Are you really as funny as the characters you play?). Tim Tebow ( Do your knees hurt a lot?)……