Five Steps To Reading Blogs
For myself I enjoy original insights. I am into learning something new and unusual. I get tired of the same old thing. There is nothing so cool as the innovation of information as we discover a new book or a new way of doing something. In fact the element of surprise is always exciting as we are discovering fresh information. Perhaps that is why I gravitate to blogs. Blogging brings originality to a whole new level. Typically the blogger is alone ( in my case) pondering her information to share and then putting it out there for others to enjoy. No one is making the blogger change her words. She is writing with a hipness she can call all her own.
Blogging has brought me new friends. For that I am grateful. I usually take my Mondays to read new material from many of you and ponder your thought processes. It is cool to be in your life-like this. The computer lifts me up and takes me on a rocket ride into each and every one of your homes. Bring it on I say.
This friendship I know is different from normal ones I have. I am sad to say I do not know most of you in real life. Yet I am glad to call you my friend. Recently if you have followed my writings, you know I was sharing on the wonder of friendship ( https://alesiablogs.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/come-now-lets-settle-the-matter/ ) . I have been learning to revitalize and renew my close friendships. It is the same to a lesser degree in blogging friendships that I honor you by reading your blog. So I have thought about the steps of what it means to be a good friend to my close friends, but also our friends in cyberspace. Here are some steps to reconcile each of us to each other. These five steps to reading blogs will surely bring readers to your very own blog! I believe it. Here we go:
1. Think about ways I can reflect on my life through what I learn from you all. It may mean wrapping my mind around things I have never thought about before and even to the point of changing my point of view because I have learned something new.
2. Pay attention to what someone is saying. It is important to listen and show you are intentional. There is nothing worse than someone taking you for granted.
3. Affirm that person. This means with our friends show them grace and love. For my blogging buddies it is important as a blogger to show how important you all have been to my information intake now. I do not rely on just the news or media, but I am looking at the blogging world and saying, “We ROCK and we have good information to share with each other!”
4. Be at Peace and love what you are doing and read blogs that are good and what you want to read about. For your own writing–write what your passion is about. Life is too short to not. Take it from me. I have survived cancer and I am here to tell my story, but I am also hear to read yours. It is what drives me and motivates me to no end.
5. Last but not least is I PRAY for you guys as I PRAY for my close friends I know God has put in my life.