2012 proved to be my ROOTS moment. I began a constructive study of my ancestors that led to multiple hours of concentrated studies over the majority of this year. I am not exaggerating when I say I worked 16 hours a day in my efforts as time permitted. Most of that time came after the kids went to bed! Today I am going to highlight some of my blog posts that are based off these studies. I have many more stories. This is a good beginning and I hope you will enjoy what you read and come back for more in due time:
1. https://alesiablogs.wordpress.com/2012/05/27/saving-sgt-vandorsten/ My first blog on a family ancestor that was a civil war vet.
2. https://alesiablogs.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/oh-the-luck-of-the-irish-or-not/ This story is about my Kentucky ancestors.
3. https://alesiablogs.wordpress.com/2012/07/25/primary-source/ This blogpost begins to show my increasing knowledge on genealogical research.
4. https://alesiablogs.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/remembrances/ My favorite post on discovering an ancestor that I thought we would never find.
5. https://alesiablogs.wordpress.com/2012/07/07/1940-census-you-rock/ This shows how the 1940 census opened new doors for my research.
7. https://alesiablogs.wordpress.com/2012/08/05/genealogy-a-family-affair/ My husband’s DNA TEST RESULTS discussed.
7. https://alesiablogs.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/famous-figures-in-my-genealogy-lines-say-what/ This is who my kids are related to based off DNA STUDIES!
8. https://alesiablogs.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/pioneer-woman/ My favorite post on an ancestor of mine!
9. https://alesiablogs.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/have-ship-will-travel/ OLD PHOTOS of SHIPS our ancestors traveled on when emigrating to the US.